High Holiday Retreats
Rosh Hashanah (Sept 29–30) and Yom Kippur (Oct 8–9)
Join us in Sonoma County for an earth-based High Holiday experience!
Join the Wilderness Torah community for a journey of celebration, cleansing, reflection, releasing, and intention-setting for the coming year. For each holiday we will gather in community on a farm near Sebastopol for two-day retreats co-facilitated by Rabbi Zelig Golden, Nathaniel Markman, Miriam Kanani and other community members in a collaborative ritual environment.
- Multi-generational village on the farm
- Traditional High Holiday liturgy with innovative, embodied ritual
- Music, chanting, prayer and solo time on the land
- Rosh Hashanah celebration and 25-hour Yom Kippur Sacred fire
- Spiritual guidance for meaningful teshuva (relational & spiritual return)
- Mentorship for fasting as spiritual practice
- Kids program during services
Both High Holiday retreats will take place on a beautiful farm and retreat center in Sonoma County near Sebastopol, CA (directions provided upon registration).
Dates & Times
Rosh Hashanah: Sunday, September 29, 4:30 pm — Monday afternoon, September 30
Yom Kippur: Tuesday, October 8, 4:30 pm – Wednesday evening, October 9
Early Bird Registration is Now Open
About the Holidays
The High Holidays provide a pivot point in the Hebrew calendar and in our spiritual lives. At Rosh Hashanah, we ring in the Jewish New Year with celebratory prayer, reflection, and the shofar service to wake up and prepare for the 10 Days of Teshuvah (spiritual return) leading up to Yom Kippur. Then, on Yom Kippur, we enact rites of death and rebirth through confessional, forgiveness, and purification, to reset our soul for the coming year.