High Holiday Retreats
Rosh Hashanah, (Sept 9–10) and Yom Kippur (Sept 18–19), 2018
Join us in Sonoma County for an earth-based High Holiday experience!
Join the Wilderness Torah community for a journey of celebration, cleansing, reflection, releasing, and intention-setting for the coming year. For each holiday we will gather in community on a farm near Sebastopol for two-day retreats co-facilitated by Rabbi Zelig Golden, Mikey Pauker, Aleksandra Dubov, and other community members in a collaborative ritual environment. Retreats include:
- Welcoming, multi-generational village on the farm
- Traditional High Holiday liturgy with innovative, embodied ritual
- Music, chanting, prayer, solo time on the land
- Rosh Hashanah Celebration and 25-hour Yom Kippur Sacred fire
- Spiritual guidance for meaningful teshuva (relational & spiritual return)
- Mentorship for fasting as spiritual practice
- Kids Care during services
Both High Holiday retreats will take place on a beautiful farm and retreat center in Sonoma County near Sebastopol, CA (directions provided upon registration).
Dates & Times:
About the Holidays
The High Holidays provide the seminal pivot point in the Hebrew calendar and in our spiritual lives. At Rosh Hashanah, we ring in the Jewish new year with celebratory prayer, reflection, and introspection as we prepare for the 10 Days of Teshuvah (spiritual return) leading up to Yom Kippur. Then, on Yom Kippur, we engage in Teshuva of the highest order.